Day 11 & 12: Language Exchange Partner | Tennis Champion
Day 11 & 12
Thursday
Since I will eventually run out of sight seeing to do in Taipei and I also don't want to spend the summer reading books I can read in the US, I found a "Language Exchange" group on Facebook and made a post. The response was great! Now I have too many people wanting to meet and practice English and teach Mandarin.
This is Claudia. I think we are going to meet several times per week. She loves teaching "level 0" Mandarin and wants to improve her English. This is such a great opportunity for me to learn a new language! I am really excited to fill my time meeting new people and hopefully learning the most spoken language in the world.
Friday
On Friday I went to the Mitsui Shopping Mall with Jason and Ben because they were driving to that area to meet a vendor. I didn't really want to shop but I just wanted to eat lunch and ride in the car with them. Ben was finishing Jason's sentences on the ride there.
Me: "How do you know what he's trying to say all the time?!!"
Jason: "He is making me lazy, hahaha"
It is funny because lazy is NOT the word I would use to explain what they have to do around us. I think I would have a headache all of the time if I were them and constantly listening/speaking a second language. I am really amazed by their talent.
While the guys were working I walked around trying new food. I found a store that was a Matcha Heaven. It was filled with Matcha flavored desserts.
In the evening Garmin had a tennis tournament.
They took a group photo because tonight was one of their best turn outs.
I think this was my first time watching Ben play real competition.
The Taiwanese Ben Braun. A.k.a. Howard. Close game!
Garmin Champion!
Ben got to sign his name on the trophy.








Yay, Ben!!!
ReplyDelete