Day 2: Massage | 228 Memorial Park | Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall
Day 2
Starting the Day Off Right
Getting a foot massage was pretty much on the top of my list of priorities for the day. One half hour for $12 is not a bad deal if you ask me... This may have to happen more than once before we fly home.
228 Memorial Park
Apparently the park is known to be a dangerous place at night. Honestly I didn't get any weird vibes while there and saw a handful of tourists (which was the first I had seen of any foreigners).

History Lesson: February 28th is a special holiday in Taiwan. It is called "Peace Memorial Day" and is celebrated because of an uprising that began after the 2.28 Incident (or 228 Massacre) in 1947. This was the day that sparked a rebellion of the Taiwanese people against the Kuomintang- led Republic of China government who had mistreated them and crashed their economy following the Japanese rule from 1895-1945.
National Taiwan Museum
![]() |
| Neature at it's finest: Marimo moss balls are naturally sphere shaped. How neat is that? That's pretty neat. |
National Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall
![]() |
| Changing of the guard ceremony. I happened to walk up just before they started. |
![]() |
| These soliders stand perfectly still for one hour before the "Changing of the Guard Ceremony" |
And now to show you the foods for the day!
![]() |
| Breakfast: All the coffee and pastries are $1 |
![]() |
Chicken Feet Yes That's right. I tried chicken feet. I forcefully suppressed the gag reflex the moment it touched my tongue. I do not recommend. |
![]() |
| Dinner: This is some kind of delicious Ramen noodle bowl with lightly breaded chicken, creamy broth and veggies. (This place hands down beats all the Ramen places I've tried in the US). |





















Comments
Post a Comment