Day 5: Traditional Street Market



Day 5

Ben left for his last day of the work-week and I had planned to relax at a coffee shop most of the day because my feet hurt from all of the walking this week. I put the address of a new coffee shop in google maps and started walking. I turned the corner and this...


YESSSS All of my Asian dreams have come true.


I thought this was only in the movies. 


A traditional street market, with beautiful fruits, vegetables...and...


....Food ya don't see in the US


Which Jerry keeps reminding me this is "normal food"


Maybe it is?  Maybe it makes more sense eating it all and not letting it go to waste.... 

Brain
Heart
Tongue
Ear
Tendon
Liver
Stomach
Intestine
Bladder
...Each for it's own special dish


This dog was looking pretty adorable just sitting on his scooter. He was staring me down with squinty eyes like he was saying, "I dare you to pet me."  I think he was just confused what an American girl was doing walking around here. 


I wandered all over this market. Without my phone I'd be completely lost. 


It was a great day and somehow went by too fast. 

And of course...I always end the day with 

Good food and great company!



Tonight's featured discussion: Why do Japanese and Chinese end in "ese" but European does not?  

I'll just leave you guessing the answer on your own...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 6: Pingxi | Hike | Rahoe Night Market

Day 3: Confucius Temple | Baoan temple | Lin An Tai Homestead